Monday, July 28, 2008

I gotta small beef with Iron Chef America

I gotta small beef with Iron Chef America..

Who doesn't Love the Food Network? They have some rawkin cooking shows! Right? Bobby Flay Rawks~~
Well while looking for a particular recipe on The Food Network Webby which I could not find (website is not user friendly) I thought, while I was at it why not email Iron Chef America?...

Is it just me or is it disgusting watching dead animals/fish on display about to get the ax just before they are cooked?... One example is the Blue Foot Chicken episode..
what they thought the chickens would look more attractive with blue ribbons tied around em?
Dude, I don't wanna see a chickens blue feet and head attached than watch the chefs chop em off! or an entire pig on a mound of veg.. or lil fishy's swimmin around in a tank caught and sliced & gutted! Get the picture!

Can't the Food Network practice a bit of sensitivity when displaying that weeks food challenge without being so graphic?

I ALWAYS have to turn my head, but damn already..have some compassion for the dead animal or the live ones about to be slaughtered, think about the viewers .. Who wants to see heads, feet, necks, fins and what not's hacked? not me.. see part one of blue chickie video.. you'll see what I'm yakin about .. anyone feel the same?..
rant over
hb~



part one iron Chef Anerica Blue foot Chicken

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally, I might say something horribly self righteous like "you shouldn't eat it if you can't stand the thought of it being killed." This evening, however, I went to a dinner party and was the only person there who did not go into the kitchen to take part in throwing live crabs into boiling water. So...never mind....

Anonymous said...

I'm a meat-eater and I grew up on a small farm but I have to agree. The food network does not need to show any meat unless it looks like it's food. When you see a tomato, it looks like food right off the plant. When you see a live or dead chicken, you don't think 'Mmm, where's my salt shaker? I'm takin' a bite outta that!'. No, no, I'm with you, for sure.

Unknown said...

Yes that is a great visual for the person who cannot decide wether to eat or not Yfc.. it just burns me up dead animals on display!
hb

Unknown said...

damn I just had to laff on that one JD where's the salt!yep, nuff said!
hb

The Beatles and everyone who Loves them Headline Animator

world

google links