Friday, October 8, 2010

Geoff Baker to write Beatles Fan Book!

Geoff Baker to Write Beatles Fan Book

For Beatles Fans Near and Far, who haven't heard about this exciting Up & Coming Beatles Fan book- here is the Offcial Press Release below.. I can't wait, how bout YOU~ :)


PRESS RELEASE Sept 22nd 2010

Geoff Baker, former PR to Linda and Paul McCartney and The Beatles, is writing a history of Beatles fans - using the fans' own words and calling it 'The Beatles Fanthology'.

Baker, who worked at Apple Corps as press assistant under Derek Taylor on the actual Beatles Anthology projects, is asking Beatles fans around the globe to send him their stories, memories and moments about their love for the world's most-enduring rock band for inclusion in the book.

Baker will edit anecdotes and observations from the fans into the first full biography of The Beatles fan phenomenon.

Baker is asking fans who want to put their voice in the book to tell him their stories - by email to geoffbaker@beatlesfanthology.com

'I have a lot of respect for them, there is absolutely nothing like a Beatles fan and I love 'em,' said Baker - who worked for 15 years as Paul McCartney's publicity chief.

'The fans made the band and they have continued to make the band through five decades - but I feel that their crucial side of the story that Derek called 'the 20th century's greatest romance' has never been told properly before. I'm 'reasonably' qualified to write this book and it is the only Beatles book that I shall ever write.'

Baker said he was spurred to do the book after meeting fans at the Beatles Week festival in Liverpool and after a fan wrote to him suggesting that he did it.

'I've always been fascinated by the fans. I did three world tours with Paul McCartney and on each one it was the dancing fans with their cheeky banners, friendly faces and expert knowledge who made each show a smash. I have no interest in the posh people who buy the expensive seats and then just sit in them thoughout the gig.

'The kind of things I'm interested in for the Fanthology are - what was it like to be a Beatles fan in the Sixties, what was it like seeing them in Liverpool at The Cavern, what's it like being a Beatles fan now, what's it like having a son or a grand-daughter who is a fan, what's special about them above every other band, how have they affected your life.

'I want to know what the fans think about The Beatles, not the biographers' opinions or the critics', just the fans.

'Other than forever admiring their screaming, we've not paid enough attention to the fans' voice.

'I want to cover the whole Beatles period, from the beginning of the birth of the band in 1957 up to the current day.

'The fans can send me as much or as little as they like. Email me pix or anything they want, but don't send me originals because everybody knows I'll lose them.

'I'm looking for those little moments that may be personal to one but understood by us all. I want to get in the book as many voices as possible from as many places as possible.'

Although Baker has been kicking fan-related book ideas around in himself for years, it was his business partner Jill Newton who came up with the name 'The Beatles Fanthology' after the fan's prompt. The pair, both former journalists, recently formed a books-writing partnership, Newton & Baker Books. 'The Fanthology' will be their fourth book now in production.


Check out Beatles Fathology on Facebook

hb~

No comments:

The Beatles and everyone who Loves them Headline Animator

world

google links