Thursday, July 19, 2007

Maccas brother to show fotos in Scottish village

Macca brother shows photos in village
PA Entertainment

Mike is set to exhibit his London Live 8 photos
Sir Paul McCartney's brother is to stage a rare show of his rock photographs in a remote Scottish village.
Mike McCartney will put on an exhibition of pictures he took at the London Live 8 concert.
Durness in Sutherland is hosting the John Lennon Northern Lights festival between September 28 and 30.
It celebrates the murdered ex-Beatle's long-running links with the area.
Mike, 63, agreed to bring his collection up a few days before the festival for a special exhibition.
His pictures feature many of the stars who played in London in July 2005 - including Annie Lennox, Fran Healy, The Killers and Pink Floyd.

He said: "I didn't want to put them on show during the festival, as the event is not about me.
"But I was happy to come up before and let everyone see the pictures.
"I am looking forward to coming to Durness and opening the exhibition - and where I go my camera always goes with me, so I hope to take some photographs of the area."
Some of Mike's pictures feature in the National Portrait Gallery in London.
Among the artists taking part in the Northern Lights festival are chart toppers Nizlopi, the Queen's Master of Music Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, artist Peter Howson, and singers Julie Fowlis and Donnie Munro.

harleyblues take:
wooohoo Mike Id love to see em, need my address! lol

3 comments:

Franco said...

Hi Christina...love the owl clock. Cool. Just drop by to say "hello".

Bye.

Franco

Unknown said...

Hiya Franxo,
Im usually NEXT door at me other blog
http://harleyblues2007.blogspot.com/

thats not an Owl but a cat "Felic the Cat" look him up in goodle search ehehehehehe
nice to see you here!

Unknown said...

sheeeeesh thats what I get for typin in the dark lol I meant FELIX the CAT look him up on Google lol

The Beatles and everyone who Loves them Headline Animator

world

google links